Proper Care of Creative Color:
Now that you have those gorgeous mermaid locks, here are a few tips to keep them vibrant as long as possible:
- Keep hair washing to no more than 2-3x a week. Shower caps and dry shampoo will be your best friend as frequent exposure to shampoos and conditioners will shift the color much quicker. Wash with as cold of water as you can stand. Warm and hot water will encourage dramatic color fading.
- Use the salon quality shampoos, conditioners and styling products recommended at the time of your color. These products are made with high quality ingredients that are specifically tailored to keeping your color as lasting and vibrant as possible. Didn't pick up product at your last appointment? No problem, send me a text or email and I'm happy to recommend something we have in the salon or send a loxa script with perfectly tailored at home care.
- Use a high quality heat protectant and keep the temperature on your tools low. Not only does it avoid frying your hair, but it will keep your color vibrant and shiny. No need to crank your flat iron all the way up, 300-350 degrees will get the job done without compromising your hair texture or your color.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure. UV rays have been known to pull any kind of color pigment out of hair. Natural, permanent and creative alike. Be sure to protect your investment with a cute hat or scarf.
- Avoid ocean water and pools at all cost. The high chlorine and salt content will remove fragile creative color significantly almost instantly. By all means, enjoy that beach or pool day to your heart's content, but wear that hat and don't get your hair wet.